- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a pot over medium heat, gently heat the cream, sugar, vanilla bean and seeds for 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Add the gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved. Strain through a sieve.
- Divide the mixture among 6 glasses each with a 1/2-cup (125 ml) capacity. Let cool. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or until the panna cotta has set.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot off the heat, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring, until the cranberries start to burst. Transfer to an airtight container and let cool. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, top the panna cotta with the cranberries and white chocolate shavings.