- In a food processor, blend the pumpkin seeds. Add the remaining ingredients and purée until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed. Set aside.
Green Pea Purée
- In a pot of salted boiling water, blanch the peas for 2 minutes. Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice water. Drain well.
- In a food processor, purée the peas and broth until smooth. Strain through a sieve, pressing down with the back of a ladle. Compost the skins of the peas. Set aside.
- In the same pot over medium-high heat, soften the onion in the butter. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat in the butter. Add the wine and let reduce until almost dry.
- Over medium heat, add the hot chicken broth, about 1 cup (250 ml) at a time, stirring frequently until the liquid is completely absorbed before adding more broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 18 to 22 minutes or until the rice is al dente.
- Stir in the pesto and pea purée. Adjust the seasoning.