- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- On a work surface, cut between the bones to separate the ribs.
- In a large 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish, combine the hoisin, maple syrup, soy sauce, Sriracha, garlic, ginger and pepper. Add the ribs and toss to coat well in the sauce. Cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour, stirring halfway through.
- Remove the foil. Bake for another 30 minutes, turning the ribs over a few times, until tender and glazed in the sauce (the sauce should now be thick and syrupy).
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, brown the shallots in the oil. Add the Brussels sprouts and broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the dipping sauce and cook for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are al dente.
- Serve the ribs with the sautéed vegetables and white rice, if desired.