- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line twelve muffin cups with paper or silicone liners.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat until smooth. With the machine running on low speed, or with a wooden spoon, mix in the dry ingredients. Divide the dough in half.
- Using one half of the dough, line the bottoms of each muffin cup. Make a small well at the centre of each cookie. Fill each well with jam. Crumble the remaining half of the dough over each cookie.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until the cookies are cooked through and golden but still soft at the centre. Let cool before serving.