- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the beef with the brown sugar and cornstarch. Season with pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, cook the meat in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil for 2 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook the bell pepper, white parts of the green onions, garlic and ginger in the remaining oil for 2 minutes while stirring. Add the snow peas and sauce. Continue to cook until the sauce thickens slightly. Return the meat to the skillet and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Divide the stir-fry among four shallow bowls. Sprinkle with the green parts of the green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with jasmine rice or rice vermicelli, if desired.