- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute while stirring. Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened, stirring regularly. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Place the English muffins on the baking sheet, cut side up. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Spread a small amount of béchamel over the muffins. Top with the shrimp, corn and the remaining béchamel. Sprinkle lightly with cayenne.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the béchamel is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chives. Serve with a green salad, if desired.