- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- With a pastry brush, oil both sides of the pitas. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and sumac, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and crispy. Let cool on a wire rack. Break into long strips.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of salted boiling water, cook the green beans for 4 minutes or until al dente. With a slotted spoon, remove the green beans from the pot and cool in a bowl of ice water.
- In the same pot of water, reduce the heat until just simmering. Delicately lower the eggs into the water and cook for 7 minutes. Cool in the ice water alongside the green beans. Drain. Peel the eggs.
- Spread the hummus around half of the inside edge of each bowl. Top the hummus with the pita. Add a bundle of green beans, some beets and cottage cheese to each bowl. Top with an egg cut in half. Garnish with the dill and chili pepper.