- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- With a pastry brush, cover the mushrooms with the barbecue sauce and place on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and golden. Let cool. Slice the mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook the bell peppers and onion in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil for 5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, warm the remaining oil. Carefully crack half of the eggs at a time directly into the skillet and cook, on one side only, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the whites are cooked and golden around the edges. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the tostadas with the sliced mushrooms and bell pepper mixture. Add the lettuce, eggs, cheese and cilantro.
Great news! Many store-bought barbecue sauces do not contain Worcestershire sauce (which is made with anchovies) and are, therefore, completely vegan.