- Attach the sous-vide precision cooker to the side of a cooking container. Add enough water to reach the mid point between the minimum and maximum required. Set the temperature to 145°F (63°C). Set the cooking time to 3 hours. Preheat the water while you prepare the turkey.
- On a work surface, lay out the bacon vertically making sure the slices overlap. Sprinkle the salt over the entire surface of the turkey. Season with pepper. Place the turkey on the bottom third of the bacon slices. Roll the turkey up tightly in the bacon.
- Place the roast in a sous vide bag or a freezer bag with a slider closing. Add the tarragon. Remove all the air from the bag. Submerge the bag in the preheated water (see note). Begin cooking (3 hours).
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium-high. Oil the grate.
- Remove the bag from the water. Remove the roast from the bag and place on a plate. With a pastry brush, lightly brush the roast with oil.
- Brown the roast on all sides for 5 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and golden.
- On a work surface, slice the roast. Serve with a green salad or let cool, then refrigerate to use later in roast turkey sandwiches.
To remove the air from a freezer bag with a slider closing, hold the bag open at the top while slowly lowering it into the water. The pressure of the water will squeeze the air out of the bag. Just before the top of the bag reaches the water, zip it closed.
If using a freezer bag or one made of silicone, do not submerge the seal of the bag. Clip the top of the bag to the side of the cooking container ensuring the seal will not go underwater to prevent liquid from leaking into the bag.
It is important to ensure the food is fully submerged in water throughout cooking. If the food bag floats above water, use a large, heavy metal spoon, plate or any other heat resistant utensil to weigh the bag down and keep the food submerged.
To avoid risk of burn, carefully remove the bag from the water using tongs or oven mitts.
To help you with this recipe
The RICARDO sous-vide precision cooker provides quick and ultra-precise results while preserving flavours and textures. Just seal your food in an airtight plastic bag, dip it into a container filled with water (a saucepan, glass bowl or cooler) and attach the unit using its spring clip.
129.99 $SHOP NOW