- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat the canola oil in the deep fryer to the highest temperature. Preheat the oven to 200˚F (95˚C). Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, corn starch, beer and soy sauce. Coat the chicken in the batter.
- Fry 6 to 8 pieces of chicken at a time for 5 minutes. Drain on the paper towels and keep warm in the oven.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, soften the peppers and onions in the peanut oil. Add the sauce and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Adjust the seasoning. Add the chicken and toss to combine.