- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a pot. Cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the water and let cool on a plate. Cut the potatoes in half and set aside.
- In the same pot of salted boiling water, cook the green beans until tender. Drain. Plunge into an ice bath to cool. Drain.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon and potatoes until the potatoes are golden and the bacon is crispy. Drain as needed. Let cool in a large bowl.
- Add the green beans and dressing to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Gently mix.
- Serve the salad in plates. Garnish with the pecans and pickled shallots. Top with poached eggs, if desired.