- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) glass baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the flour with the baking powder and spices.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the tomato soup and water. Add the raisins and mix well. Spread out in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 2 hours on a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Icing
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer. Gradually add the icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly over the cake. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Let sit out at room temperature before serving, if desired.