- In a bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients; if marinating overnight, use only 75 ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce. Add the tofu and refrigerate for about 1 hour or overnight.
- Put the rice in a strainer and rinse with cold water.
- In a saucepan, bring the rice, juice, broth, sesame oil and spices to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir, then cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Add the pistachios. Adjust the seasoning.
- Thread 4 tofu cubes on each skewer, alternating with peppers and mushrooms. In a lightly oiled grill pan over medium-high heat, cook the skewers for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Brush with marinade.
- Serve with the rice and the remaining marinade.