Merguez and Vegetables
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- On a work surface, thread the sausages onto skewers, if desired. Place on half of a non-stick or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. On the other half of the baking sheet, toss the onion and tomatoes with the oil and spices. Bake for 15 minutes or until the sausages and vegetables are golden. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a pot, bring the orange juice, apricots and oil to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the couscous. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Spread out in a large serving dish.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season lightly with salt.
- Top the couscous with the green beans and half of the chermoula. Garnish with the roasted vegetables and sausages, and remaining chermoula.
Ras-el-hanout is a North African spice mix that varies from recipe to recipe. It can be replaced with a mix of equal parts coriander, black pepper, caraway, cinnamon, cardamom and paprika.