- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a pot, bring the water and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add the bulgur. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Fluff the grains with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Add the parsley and green onions. Transfer half of the bulgur mixture to another bowl.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, oil, lemon juice, mint and garlic to one of the bowls of bulgur. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- To the second bowl of bulgur, add the beef, garlic, lemon zest, salt and spices. Mix well. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. With lightly oiled hands, form one portion of meat at a time into a 5-inch (12.5 cm) long sausage. Thread each sausage onto a skewer or chopstick, if desired. Set aside on a large plate. Lightly oil the keftas.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Grill the keftas for 8 to 10 minutes, turning them over frequently, or until the meat is cooked through. Serve the keftas with the tabbouleh, sumac sauce and pita bread, if desired.