- Wash the cabbage leaves. Shake off the excess water while keeping the leaves damp. Cut into 2-inch (5 cm) squares. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat the oil until slightly smoking, about 30 to 45 seconds. Remove from the heat and add the garlic, stirring constantly with a spatula until lightly golden.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the cabbage. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until browned. Season with salt.
- Add the maple syrup and chili powder. Cook for another 30 seconds. The cabbage should be crunchy and shiny.
- Pour in the fish sauce and mix well. Transfer to a serving plate or bowl.