- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas. Add the remaining ingredients except the flour and bulgur. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the food processor a few times. Transfer to a bowl. Add the flour and bulgur.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Using a 2-tbsp (30 ml) ice cream scoop, form the mixture into balls and place on the baking sheet. With clean, lightly oiled hands, form the balls into patties 2 inches (5 cm) wide and about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Oil the patties. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the falafel are golden and crispy, turning them over halfway through cooking.
- Serve the falafel with green tahini sauce, if desired. The falafel are best enjoyed the day they are made.
To get ½ cup (125 ml) cooked bulgur, bring ¼ cup (60 ml) lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in ¼ cup (45 g) fine bulgur. Cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff the grains with a fork.