- In a glass measuring cup, combine the vinegar, pepper, shallot and tarragon. Heat in the microwave oven for 30 seconds or until the mixture starts to boil. Let cool. Remove the tarragon.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, mustard, salt and vinegar mixture.
- Slowly drizzle in 1/3 of the oil, drop by drop, whisking constantly.
- When the emulsion starts to resemble mayonnaise, drizzle in the remaining oil while whisking. Adjust the seasoning. Refrigerate.
- In a large serving dish, arrange the salad ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the dressing to taste.
With its winning combination of sun-soaked tomatoes and juicy peaches, this is the perfect late-summer salad.