- In a small skillet over high heat, lightly brown the garlic and red pepper flakes in half of the oil. Add the herbs and cook for 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl. Add the salt and remaining oil. Season with pepper and mix well.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Spread the vegetables out on a large plate. With a pastry brush, coat the vegetables with the herb oil on both sides.
- Reduce the heat of the barbecue to medium. Grill the vegetables on both sides until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- On a serving dish, arrange 4 stacks of vegetables starting with the mushrooms and alternating the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with Parmesan, to taste.