- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to broil.
- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, cook the sausage meat in 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until golden. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, soften the corn in the remaining oil for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, purée the corn while still hot until smooth. Add the cream cheese and ½ cup (50 g) of the cheddar cheese. Purée until the cheese is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed. Transfer the mixture into a 6-inch (15 cm) baking dish with a 2-cup (500 ml) capacity. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and the chorizo.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Garnish with the chives. Serve warm with the crackers.