- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well at the centre of the flour. Pour in the water and oil. Mix with a fork until the flour is fully absorbed.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes or until soft and smooth. Place in a bowl, cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll each ball of dough into a 10-inch (25 cm) disc.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook one disc of dough at a time for 1 minute. As soon as bubbles start to form, turn the tortilla over using a spatula. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until the tortilla is nicely puffed up. Set aside on a plate. Cover with a clean, dry dishcloth to keep warm and to prevent from drying out until ready to serve.
- The tortillas will keep for 2 days in a resealable bag at room temperature.
This recipe is easy to double and is ideal for wraps, burritos, quesadillas or fajitas.