- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a blender, purée the broth, orange juice, chipotle, oregano and cumin until smooth.
- In a Dutch oven or large ovenproof pot over medium heat, brown the meat in the oil on all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot, cook the onions for 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Pour in the chipotle purée and return the meat to the pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 3 hours or until fork-tender, turning the meat over halfway through.
- Remove the meat from the pot and place on a plate. Using a fork, shred the meat and remove any excess fat.
- Using a ladle, remove any excess fat from the surface of the sauce. Return the meat to the sauce. Delicious served with mashed potatoes with corn and a green vegetable, if desired. Any leftover pork is great in our braised pork quesadilla.
Chipotle peppers are jalapeño peppers that have been dried, smoked and stored in sauce. They are available in 6.55 oz (186 ml) cans and can be found in the Mexican or South American section of most grocery stores.