- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, almond beverage, coconut oil and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Using a 1-tbsp (15 ml) ice cream scoop, form the mixture into balls and arrange 12 cookies on each baking sheet, evenly spacing them out (see note). Freeze the dough at this step, if desired (see note).
- Bake one sheet at a time for 12 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet, about 1 hour.
- In a glass bowl, combine the almond coffee creamer and chocolate. Heat in the microwave oven, 30 seconds at time, until the chocolate has melted. Whisk until the ganache thickens. Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) of almond coffee creamer if the mixture thickens too quickly.
- Spread the ganache over the cooled cookies. Sprinkle with candy cane or fleur de sel, if desired. Let the chocolate set for 1 hour before serving.
The raw dough freezes well.
Once frozen, transfer the raw cookies to an airtight container. They will keep for 3 months in the freezer. You can cook them from frozen for the same amount of time as indicated above.