- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a glass measuring cup, heat the vermouth and garlic in the microwave oven until very hot, about 30 to 45 seconds. Let sit for 5 minutes. Remove the garlic.
- Place the cheese in a 6-inch (15 cm), 2-cup (500 ml) ramekin and cover with the vermouth. Place the ramekin on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Stir gently.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until golden. Add the green onions and cook for a few more seconds, stirring, until just softened. Drain on paper towel.
- Place the bacon and green onions over the cheese fondue. Serve with baguette cubes and a green salad, if desired.
For a smoother fondue, remove the rind from the cheese. In this case, you will need to buy 11 to 13 oz (300 to 340 g) of cheese. A mild cow’s milk cheese that has not been aged for too long works best for this recipe as its flavour will intensify once melted.