- In a large skillet over medium heat, soften the onion and garlic in the butter until translucent. Season with salt. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the chickpea flour, spices and salt. Season with pepper. Add the water while stirring with a spatula. Add the onion mixture, chicken and cilantro. Mix well. The mixture will be very thick.
- Preheat a waffle iron on high. Using a pastry brush, generously coat the cavities of the waffle iron with melted butter.
- Pour about ⅓ cup (75 ml) of the bhaji batter into each cavity. Close the device. Cook for 5 minutes or until the waffles are golden. Cover and keep warm on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the bhaji waffles with plain yogurt mixed with Sriracha, sprinkled with coriander, if desired.
The chickpea flour can be replaced with ¾ cup (115 g) unbleached all-purpose flour.
The bhaji waffles can be cut into 4 pieces and served as canapés.
To help you with this recipe
Quickly make delicious golden brown waffles with the RICARDO Waffle Maker. The compact and lightweight design won’t create countertop clutter so you can keep this waffle maker out all day long. Easy to use and low maintenance, this waffle maker is a smart investment that’s built to last.
76.49 $SHOP NOW