- Place a 12-cup non-stick muffin tin on the middle rack of the oven (see note). Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Zest one of the clementines. Peel all 3 clementines and cut into rounds 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and clementine zest. Purée until smooth.
- Once the oven and muffin tin are preheated, remove the tin from the oven. Using a pastry brush, cover the inside of each cavity with the melted butter. Fill each cavity with approximately 3 tbsp (45 ml) of the pancake batter.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the pancakes are puffed up and golden.
- Serve the pancakes on plates topped with the ricotta and clementine slices. Drizzle with the honey. Serve immediately.
A good quality non-stick muffin tin is essential for this recipe. The pancakes will puff up nicely and will be very easy to unmould.