- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the sausage meat in 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil, coarsely breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute while stirring. Pour in the broth. Bring to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the bread slices on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Season with pepper. Bake for 10 minutes or until the bread is golden. Let cool. Tear into pieces.
- Add the beans and spinach to the soup. Cook for 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the soup into bowls. Garnish with the Parmesan croutons. Serve sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.