- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish, combine the garlic, onion, olives, artichokes and 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices.
- On a plate, rub the chicken with the lemon wedges and remaining oil. Coat the chicken with the spice mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken and lemon wedges over the artichoke mixture in the baking dish. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a pot. Cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil. Simmer until the potatoes are tender. Drain and lightly oil.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Turn the oven to broil. Place the chicken on a clean plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste with the water. Add to the sauce in the baking dish and mix well. Add the potatoes and return the chicken to the baking dish.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until the chicken skin is nicely browned and crispy, if desired, and the potatoes are hot.