- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, icing sugar, ground coffee and vanilla with an electric mixer. With the machine running on low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together. Shape into a disc using your hands. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough out until ½ inch (1 cm) thick. Using a 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) round cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Repeat with the dough scraps. Spread the cookies out on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze at this point, if desired (see note).
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the bottoms and sides of the cookies are lightly browned. Let cool completely on the baking sheet, about 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine the icing sugar and coffee.
- Dip the tops of the cookies in the icing and let set at room temperature. The cookies will keep for 1 week in an airtight container at room temperature.
To help you with this recipe
This rolling pin has a smooth and non-stick stainless steel surface. It can be chilled beforehand in the freezer, making it easier to work with the dough. Removable silicone discs slide easily onto the pin to help roll out your preferred pastry thickness.
24.99 $SHOP NOW