- In a small pot off the heat, whisk together all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Place the steaks and asparagus on a baking sheet or large plate. Drizzle with the oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare or until the desired doneness. Set aside on a plate. Grill the asparagus for 4 minutes, turning them over often. Set aside on a plate.
- On a work surface, slice the steaks. Divide the steaks, asparagus and cucumbers among four plates. Drizzle with the warm dressing and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
The dressing can be made in advance and will keep for 2 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat before serving.