- In a small pot of salted boiling water, blanch the peas and corn kernels for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again. Place in a bowl.
- Add the bell pepper, green onion and half of the lime juice to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mash the avocados with the remaining lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the shrimp in the oil for 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp over, add the sauce and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cover the tortillas with the mashed avocado. Top with the salsa and shrimp. Sprinkle with basil or cilantro leaves, if desired.