- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Add the tea bags and let steep for about 15 minutes. Remove the bags. Set aside.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large ovenproof pan, brown the meat in the butter and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, brown the onions. Add butter, as needed. Return the meat to the pan and add the broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Add the carrots and cook, covered, for 30 minutes. Add the beans and prunes, pushing them into the broth. Continue cooking for about 30 minutes uncovered or until the beans are tender. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, plain couscous or buttered noodles.