- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, soften the peppers and onions in 3 tbsp (45 ml) oil until they begin to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute while stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
- On a plate, dredge the lamb in flour, shaking off any excess.
- In the same skillet, brown the lamb in the remaining oil. Set aside on a plate.
- Place half the potatoes in a large earthenware casserole or a large, deep baking dish. Sprinkle with rosemary. Place the meat on the potatoes then add the onion and pepper mixture. Cover with the remaining potatoes. Add the broth and wine. Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for 30 more minutes.