- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (375 °F).
- Line a 23-cm (9-inch) round and 2.5-cm (1-inch) high pie plate with the pie crust. Prick the dough with a fork. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let cool completely.
- In a large skillet, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Cook until the syrup takes a golden colour. Stir in the butter. Add the pears and bring to a boil. Sauté until the pears are translucent and the liquid is very syrupy. Spoon into the crust and let cool completely.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan or in the microwave oven, bring the cream to a boil. Pour over the chocolate. Let melt for 1 minute without stirring.
- With a whisk, stir until completely melted. Immediately pour over the filling to cover the pears. Refrigerate for about 2 hours. Serve slightly tempered.