- In a saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Cook without stirring until the mixture turns golden brown. Remove from the heat and gradually add the cream and butter. Watch out for splashes. Stir until the caramel is smooth. Cool completely.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream and syrup to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring until melted. Cool completely.
- Place the cones, open side up, in six Popsicle moulds (or in individual glasses).
- Pour about 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of chocolate sauce at the bottom of each cone. Sprinkle with one third of the peanuts. Add about 45 ml (3 tablespoons) each of ice cream, pressing lightly and cover with about 15 ml (1 tablespoon) each of caramel sauce. Sprinkle with one third of the peanuts and layer with 45 ml (3 tablespoons) each of ice cream.
- Make a well in the ice cream and pour 5 ml (1 teaspoon) each of chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining peanuts. Cover with a scoop of ice cream of about 125 ml (1/2 cup) and press in the chopped chocolate. Freeze for about 1 hour before covering them with plastic wrap to keep them.