- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, oil, and corn syrup with an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat until smooth. On low speed or with a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients.
- With a spoon, place about 22.5 ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) of dough for each cookie, spacing them so as to get about 9 cookies per sheet. Press lightly. Bake one sheet at a time, for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet.
- For each sandwich, place about 60 ml (1/4 cup) of ice cream between two cookies and press lightly to evenly distribute the ice cream. Place on a baking sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours. Cover in plastic wrap for better preservation.
You can press the edges of the sandwiches in chopped nuts, chocolate, or candy.