- In a bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Let bloom for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In the microwave, heat the water and gelatin for about 30 seconds or until dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl and add the corn syrup and lemon juice. Stir in the dry ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed. Beat for about 2 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth.
- On a work surface generously dusted with icing sugar, knead the dough for about 2 minutes, adding icing sugar, as needed, until the dough is no longer sticky. Immediately cover the dough with plastic wrap and place it in a plastic bag.
- Roll out the dough, a little piece at a time, because it dries quickly. Cut out the desired shapes with cookie cutters and allow to dry for 12 hours, depending on the thickness, at room temperature on a sheet of parchment paper.