- Place the rice in a saucepan and cover with 1.5-cm (½-inch) of water above the grains. Season with salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is al dente (about 20 minutes). Add a little warm water if necessary during cooking.
- Drain, if necessary, add 1 tablespoon of oil and let cool.
- Gather all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over high heat, add the lemongrass and brown the shrimp. Season.
- Combine the rice, avocado, cilantro, green onion, and shrimp with the dressing, tossing gently so as not to break the avocado cubes. Garnish with the cashews.
* Originally from China, Venere black rice is very flavourful, known for its aphrodisiac and nutritive attributes. It was reserved for the emperor.
Variation You can add blanched sweet peas, snow peas, edamame, cherry tomatoes, etc..
This recipe is from Caroline Dumas’ book "Soupesoup à la maison».