- In a saucepan, bring shallot, wine and vinegar to a boil and reduce until almost dry. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine gelatine and water. Let bloom for 5 minutes. Melt in the microwave oven for about 30 seconds and add to shallot mixture.
- In a food processor, purée shrimp. Add mayonnaise and shallot mixture and purée until smooth. Pour shrimp mixture into a bowl.
- In another bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream and dill in shrimp mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into one or more serving bowls.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve with bread sticks or toasted bread slices.
This shrimp mousse is even better the next day.