- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and vinegar. Add the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 350°F (180°C). Place a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Using a spiralizer, cut one potato at a time into long spirals. Set them aside separately on paper towl. Also set the potato trimmings aside in a large bowl of cold water (see note).
- Season the cod with salt and pepper. Using one potato for each piece of cod, wrap a fillet in potato spirals from one end to the other so that the entire fish is covered. Set aside on a plate. Repeat with the remaining cod pieces and potatoes.
- Fry 2 pieces of cod at a time for 7 to 8 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and crisp. Drain on the wire rack. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the cucumber salad.
For this recipe, we prefer cod from the top of the fillet (the thickest part), cut long, as this will allow the potato wrapped around it to cook more evenly. You can also make this recipe with salmon, in which case cook the salmon for 4 minutes for a pink centre.