Maple Pork Shoulder
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a French or Dutch oven or ovenproof pot over high heat, brown each side of the pork and garlic in the butter. Season with salt. Add the onion and continue cooking for 2 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and cover.
- Bake for about 3 hours and 30 minutes or until the meat is fork tender, turning a few times during cooking.
Confit Sweet Potatoes
- Meanwhile, in a baking dish, combine the sweet potatoes with the butter and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Place the potatoes cut side up. Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, alongside the pork shoulder, or until tender.
- Serve with the maple pork shoulder.