- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line the bottom of an 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Press the mixture into the bottom and one-third up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool completely. Generously butter the inside of the pan.
- Tightly wrap the base and outer sides of the pan with a double layer of the aluminum foil, letting it extend upward. Adjust the oven temperature to 325°F (165°C).
- In a food processor, combine the sugar, flour and spices. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, eggs and egg yolks. Process until just smooth. With a spatula, scrape the sides several times. Stir in the rum. Pour onto the crust.
- Prepare a hot water bath: Place the cake in a large baking dish and pour boiling water into the dish to reach halfway up the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the cake reads 150°F (65°C). Remove the cake from the water bath and the aluminum foil. Let cool for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or until completely chilled.
- Run the blade of a knife between the cake and the pan and unmould. Serve or freeze. If frozen, leave the cake at room temperature for 4 hours before serving.