- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter the sides of a 6-inch (15 cm) springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar, oil, soy sauce and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk until smooth. Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes. Unmould and let cool completely on a wire rack. Clean the ring of the springform pan.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Place the ring of the springform pan on the prepared sheet.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter with the brown sugar and soy sauce. Simmer for 30 seconds or until the brown sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Stir in the flour. Pour into the ring and spread into a thin layer. Sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until caramelized. Let cool completely on the baking sheet, then unmould.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl.
- In a saucepan or in the microwave, bring the cream to a boil. Pour over the chocolate and let melt for 1 minute without stirring. Using a whisk, stir until smooth. Stir in the butter. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until the ganache is spreadable.
- Slice the cake in half horizontally to obtain two layers.
- Spread the ganache onto each layer and stack them. Top with the almond crisp.