- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Preheat the oven to 200°F (95°C).
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In another bowl, rinse the potatoes under cold water until the water runs clear. Drain and pat dry with a clean dishcloth.
- Fry half of the potatoes at a time in the oil for 2 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy. Watch out for splattering. Drain well on the paper towel. Season with salt. Keep warm in the oven.
Mussels in White Wine
- In a large pot over medium heat, soften the shallots and garlic in 1 tbsp of the butter. Add the white wine and let reduce for 1 minute. Add the mussels. Cover and simmer until the mussels have opened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Discard any mussels that have not opened. Using a slotted spoon, remove the mussels and transfer to a serving dish. Keep warm.
- Reduce the cooking juices for 2 minutes. Add the parsley and remaining butter. Season with pepper. Pour over the mussels. Serve the mussels with the fries and spicy mayonnaise.