- In a saucepan over high heat, bring the sugar, water and corn syrup to a boil. Cook until the mixture turns golden brown. Remove from the heat and add the butter, stirring until melted. Add the cream and stir well. Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes. With a 1/4-cup (60 ml) ice cream scoop, spoon 16 ice cream balls onto the baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Place the cut fruit in a bowl and toss with the brown sugar.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Grill the fruit pieces on both sides.
- Transfer the fruit to serving plates. Add a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with the toasted pecans.