- In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and paprika. Place the chicken in another bowl. Cover with half of the buttermilk mixture. Cover the remaining marinade and the bowl of chicken with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 350°F (180°C). Place a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Dip a few pieces of cauliflower in the reserved marinade, shaking off some of the excess. Dredge in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Fry half of the cauliflower at a time for 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Drain on the wire rack. Keep the fried cauliflower warm on a separate baking sheet in a 200°F (95°C) oven as you work.
- Drain the chicken and discard the marinade. Dredge a few pieces at a time in the flour mixture. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Fry a few pieces of chicken at a time for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Drain on the wire rack. Serve the fried chicken and cauliflower with the sauce.