- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oil, brown sugar and spices. Dip one piece of tofu at a time in the marinade and lay out on the prepared baking sheet. Set the marinade aside.
- Bake the tofu for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. With a pastry brush, cover the tofu with the remaining marinade. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the sides are golden. Set aside at room temperature.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- Spread the mayonnaise over the toasted bread. Divide the lettuce, tomatoes and tofu bacon among 4 slices of bread. Top each sandwich with a second piece of bread. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.