- In a glass or ceramic baking dish, combine the mustard, tamari, maple syrup and oil with a fork. Add the salmon and toss to coat in the marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with plastic wrap.
- Cook in the microwave oven for 2 to 3 minutes, 1 minute at a time, or just until the salmon is cooked through. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until completely chilled. Drain. Break apart into pieces.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a pot. Cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked but still slightly firm. Drain. Spread the potatoes out on a plate. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard and gherkins. Add the celeriac and potatoes, stirring gently with a spatula.
- In another bowl, combine the watercress, oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad, remoulade and salmon among four shallow bowls. Garnish with the gherkin slices.
The watercress can be replaced with arugula or lamb’s lettuce.