- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the vegetables, cheese, butter, and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, gently fold in the flour.
- Fold the egg whites into the vegetable mixture.
- With a 60 ml (1/4 cup) ice cream scoop, spoon the vegetable mixture onto the baking sheet, shaping mounds.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the croquettes are golden brown.
- Serve about two croquettes per person as a side dish to any roasted meat.
Here's a different way to serve carrots and potatoes. Cute, these little mounds of vegetables can be cooked in advance and gently warmed up in the oven.