- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients of the spice mixture. Set aside.
- Toss the spices with the chicken drumsticks. Use a large plastic tub if you double the recipe.
- Refrigerate for about 12 hours or overnight.
- Heat half a gas or charcoal grill over medium to low heat. Oil the grate.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on the off section of the grill. Close the lid. Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the meat pulls easily from the bone, taking care to maintain the temperature of the grill at about 135 °C (275 °F).